Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Installation problem with wireshark 1.2.7

From: "Jayapal Reddy (jayaredd)" <jayaredd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:52:06 +0530
Title: Installation problem with wireshark 1.2.7

Hi All,

while installing the wireshark 1.2.7, it was showing installation success.
But when the wireshark.exe is running the following error is coming.

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.Reinstalling the application may fix the problem"

But this problem is not coming at all,if the PC is installed with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition.

Is this dependency on VC++ 2008 Express Edition is mandatory?
Is there any other way to remove this dependency?
Your answer is appreciated.

-Jayapal