Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Run_time_Error

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:29:40 -0500
nikhil tripathi wrote:
Hi I added new plugin "xyz" in windows platform and build wireshark source code.But it gives error when i launch wireshark.

"an unhanded win32 exception occurred in wireshark.exe"

if i delete xyz.dll from default path and launched wireshark.exe it run successfully.

Sounds like you'll need to step thru your code with the Windows VC debugger to see what's going on..

See http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/Tips for some hints