Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] myProtocol_handle = find_dissector("myprotocol"); is NULL

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 13:45:49 -0800

On Dec 10, 2009, at 1:35 PM, Posey, Nolan John, Jr (Nolan) wrote:

What am I doing wrong with the registration?

Not registering the "mgw" dissector by name in proto_register_mgw(). (No, registering the *protocol* won't register the *dissector*. There is not a one-to-one correspondence between protocols and dissectors; some protocols have more than one dissector. And, no, create_dissector_handle() won't register it by name, either.)