Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] myProtocol_handle = find_dissector("myprotocol"); is NULL

From: "Posey, Nolan John, Jr (Nolan)" <Nolan.Posey@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 16:48:51 -0500
Thanks :)

-----Original Message-----
From: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Guy Harris
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 3:46 PM
To: Developer support list for Wireshark
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] myProtocol_handle = find_dissector("myprotocol"); is NULL

On Dec 10, 2009, at 1:35 PM, Posey, Nolan John, Jr (Nolan) wrote:

> What am I doing wrong with the registration?

Not registering the "mgw" dissector by name in proto_register_mgw().
(No, registering the *protocol* won't register the *dissector*.  There is not a one-to-one correspondence between protocols and dissectors; some protocols have more than one dissector.  And, no,
create_dissector_handle() won't register it by name, either.) ___________________________________________________________________________