Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] New packet list - sorting

From: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 13:04:08 +0100
Hi,

I think these two assertions, in packet_list_compare_records()
       g_assert(a->fdata->col_text[sort_id]);
       g_assert(b->fdata->col_text[sort_id]);

are not quite correct.

If you click abort while constructing columns, it'll lead to:
 ERROR:packet_list_store.c:955:packet_list_compare_records: assertion failed: (a->fdata->col_text[sort_id])

IMHO it should be possible to abort constructing columns - and it should not abort program.

By the way, it would be nice if columns only for visible_rows will be generated & sorted - not all of them :)