Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Modify preferences from popup menu

From: "BARILLY YANN" <Yann.Barilly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 14:00:05 +0100

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 11:43 AM, BARILLY YANN
<Yann.Barilly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Before going further, is there a reason why I shouldn't do it ?
>
>I would say go ahead and try it.  Maybe also an option in the packet
list to remove a column?

>Be aware that adding columns without restarting wireshark does not work
for the new packet list yet, so you have >to use the old packet list or
implement support for adding columns to the new packet list.

>I think new features should be implemented using the new packet list or
they may be "lost" When we move to the new packet list. Which we plan to
do Q4/Q1 (?) Regards Anders

Is the new packet list implemented in current dev version of Wireshark
(1.3.2) ? (with just one global "menu.c" instead of old "main_menu.c",
...)