Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark 1.3.1 and python dissector

From: Joni Korhonen <joni.korhonen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 11:08:02 +0200
Hello,
First of all, I was more than happy to hear that ws dissectors could
also be done with python :-)
Has there been any changes in how to use python dissector in ws 1.3.1?

I tried the example showed in wiki page
(http://wiki.wireshark.org/Python), but it didn't work at all:
(register_protocol): subt = tp.subtrees() causes "Subtree object is
not callable", since its a reference to Subtree object...

changing to:

subt = tp.subtrees caused crash:
**
ERROR:packet.c:728:dissector_add: assertion failed: (sub_dissectors)
Aborted

Basic info:
(Ubuntu 9.04)
I used developement version of wireshark (1.3.1)
gcc (GCC) 4.2.4
Python 2.6.2

Any Ideas what I'm missing?

Br