Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How about moving from svn to git?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 12:31:14 +0100
Joerg Mayer schrieb:
Hello,

this is just something that went through my mind yesterday while working
on the third patch on the same files and without a chance to commit
between the patches. If there is one thing that I don't like (although
I do it sometimes) is to do a commit that does several things at once.
With git, I could commit each patch (which is done locally) and eventually
push all commits to the central repository while maintaing the indivitual
character of the commits.
I don't like git very much, but that's what various projects I'm tracking
use, so that's why I propose the use of git. Also - if I'm not mistaken -
some people seem to use tortoise and that tool seems to have git support.

Tortoise git support was not suitable for productive use the last time I've read their page.

AFAIK, moving to git would be a big hurdle for Windows developers.

Regards, ULFL