Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How about moving from svn to git?

From: "Bryant Eastham" <beastham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 07:26:12 -0700
Ulf Lamping wrote:
> AFAIK, moving to git would be a big hurdle for Windows developers.

Related to this, before considering such a change you could isolate as
many of these Windows (and other) developers as possible: provide a
plugin SDK (as part of the install, I would propose, or as a separate
download).

The only reason that I (Windows and Linux) need access to the Wireshark
source is to produce plugins. To be honest, I "produce" my own SDK as
part of my build process, and then use that over and over again to build
plugins as they change.

I don't know how many other developers do exactly the same as I, but
with that kind of downloadable SDK I would not care whether svn or git
was used. Without it, since I am not interested in supporting git
throughout our build process, I would have to move my "SDK" build to a
manual process, or switch to source downloads (if they exist).

-Bryant