Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] query proto tree within dissector

Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 13:04:23 +0000
Hi,

my custom dissector defines some subtrees.

I added custom names for packet types like described here:
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChDissectAdd.html#id4724866
-> Example 9.9. Naming the packet types.

Now wireshark shows names for the type-field of packets as expected.

Question:
Is there a way to query the proto_tree after definition of subtries ??

<code>
proto_tree_add_item(myprot_header_tree, hf_myprot_type, tvb, offset, 2, FALSE);
</code>
where hf_myprot_type is the field which adds naming to type-byte of the protocol

Is there a way to do somethin like this:
<code>
get_curren_stringvalue(hf_myprot_type);
</code>

thx