Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Can't build devel 1.3.0 version under Ubuntu Jaunty ...

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 13:39:44 +0200
Hi,

Oke, tried this on a fresh downloaded 1.3.0 tarball:
./autogen.sh && ./configure && make debian-package
>From what I could see from the build log problems occurred in two places.

Making install in doc

make[4]: Entering directory `/home/labuser/src/wireshark-1.3.0/doc'

WIRESHARK_RUN_FROM_BUILD_DIRECTORY=1 ../tshark -G fields | \

        /usr/bin/perl ./dfilter2pod.pl ./wireshark-filter.pod.template >
wireshark-filter.pod

Could not open file: 'eap.xml', error: No such file or directory

tshark: Couldn't load module /usr/lib/wireshark/plugins/stats_tree.so:
/usr/lib/wireshark/plugins/stats_tree.so: undefined symbol: address_to_str

** ERROR **: register_subtree_array: subtree item type (ett_...) not -1 !
This is a development error: Either the subtree item type has already been
assigned or was not initialized to -1.
aborting...

/usr/bin/pod2man                                        \

        --section=4                                     \

        --center="The Wireshark Network Analyzer"       \

        --release=1.3.0                         \

        wireshark-filter.pod > wireshark-filter.4
/usr/bin/pod2html
    \
        --title="wireshark-filter - The Wireshark Network Analyzer 1.3.0"
    \
        --css=../docbook/ws.css
            \
        --noindex
    \
        wireshark-filter.pod > wireshark-filter.html
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/labuser/src/wireshark-1.3.0/doc'
make[5]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.

So there's a problem already in /doc. Then it continues and runs into the
same problem you reported earlier. I had a quick look, but can't make a
definite determination yet. It is a derived problem however, so may be
tricky to backtrack to the real cause.

Since this is a development snapshot this has to be fixed in trunk, so
I'll have a look at the SVN head build.

Thanx,
Jaap

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 20:55:02 +0200, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I haven't verified Debian package build recently, so there might be a
> problem
> there. Still, do you have pod2man installed?
>
> Thanx,
> Jaap
>

> BigBob on Linux Box ... wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Trying to build current devel 1.3.0 version under jaunty fails with
>> error :
>>
>> mkdir -p

/home/bigbob/tmp/Building/wireshark/wireshark-1.3.0/debian/tmp/usr/share/pixmaps/
>> cp image/hi48-app-wireshark.png

/home/bigbob/tmp/Building/wireshark/wireshark-1.3.0/debian/tmp/usr/share/pixmaps/
>> cp image/wsicon32.xpm

/home/bigbob/tmp/Building/wireshark/wireshark-1.3.0/debian/tmp/usr/share/pixmaps/
>> mkdir -p

/home/bigbob/tmp/Building/wireshark/wireshark-1.3.0/debian/tmp/etc/wireshark/
>> mv

/home/bigbob/tmp/Building/wireshark/wireshark-1.3.0/debian/tmp/usr/share/wireshark/init.lua

>> \

/home/bigbob/tmp/Building/wireshark/wireshark-1.3.0/debian/tmp/etc/wireshark/
>> ln -s /etc/wireshark/init.lua \

/home/bigbob/tmp/Building/wireshark/wireshark-1.3.0/debian/tmp/usr/share/wireshark/init.lua
>> mkdir -p

/home/bigbob/tmp/Building/wireshark/wireshark-1.3.0/debian/tmp/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/
>> cp

/home/bigbob/tmp/Building/wireshark/wireshark-1.3.0/tools/wireshark_be.py

/home/bigbob/tmp/Building/wireshark/wireshark-1.3.0/tools/wireshark_gen.py
>> \

/home/bigbob/tmp/Building/wireshark/wireshark-1.3.0/debian/tmp/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/
>> mkdir -p

/home/bigbob/tmp/Building/wireshark/wireshark-1.3.0/debian/tmp/usr/include/wireshark/
>> for F in `cat debian/wireshark-dev.header-files`; do \
>>         cp --parents $F

/home/bigbob/tmp/Building/wireshark/wireshark-1.3.0/debian/tmp/usr/include/wireshark;

>> \
>>     done
>> rm -rf
>> /home/bigbob/tmp/Building/wireshark/wireshark-1.3.0/debian/tmp/usr/man
>> dh_installman
>> dumpcap.1: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type at
/usr/bin/dh_installman