Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Linux Compile

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:26:02 -0600

On Oct 11, 2009, at 7:22 PM, Rob wrote:

I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 and I have everything loaded that I need to have loaded. In fact, when I run the ./autogen.sh, ./configure, and make, I don't have a problem at all. However, I can't seem to get my custom dissector to compile. I've modified Custom.nmake.example into Custom.nmake, made all the necessary changes internally to Custom.namke, created my folder and inserted everything I need in the folder. However, when I run through everything again, I never see anything about my custom dissector.

As Tobias pointed out, the nmake files are only for Windows development. Refer to doc/README.plugins in the source tree (or at http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/trunk/doc/README.plugins?view=markup) for the rest of the files you need to create for compilation on Unix platforms.

Steve