Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] libpcap support for capturing DCCP packets with specific por

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 11:32:17 -0700

On Sep 10, 2009, at 12:50 AM, Ktawut T.Pijarn wrote:

Dear all the experts on pcap/wireshark

The official place to reach the experts on pcap is tcpdump-workers@xxxxxxxxxxx (tcpdump and libpcap both come from the same group).

However, there are core libpcap developers who are also core Wireshark developers, so some of us will see them either way.

So, is there a special syntax for pcap to specify the DCCP port, if that is
available at all?

Unfortunately, there currently isn't any DCCP capture filter support in libpcap.

I'll look at adding it at some point, but it probably won't be in any release soon. (Neither libpcap nor tcpdump nor Wireshark are my day job, and there's a bunch of other stuff going on as well.)

Chris Maynard's workaround is worth trying.