Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Segmentation fault on startup of wireshark

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 08:07:43 +0200
Hi Rich,

Sorry to hear that. As far as I know (I'm a noob in Slackware) there's a decent supporting community around Slackware, maybe they can point you in the right direction. Or maybe Michiel can fill you in (see http://slackbuilds.org/repository/12.2/network/wireshark/) on the details.
Hope you don't have to miss out on the nice features.

Thanx,
Jaap

Rich Alderson wrote:
Thanks for the debugging help.  Installing the updated libraries required for
wireshark caused Emacs to stop working, which is a major problem since I have
been using Emacs for more than 30 years (starting with the original MIT TECO
implementation) and have no intention of changing now.

I have re-installed Slackware 12.0 from scratch, since ethereal ran just fine
on it, and will stop trying to keep up with wireshark.  Tools shouldn't be this
hard to use.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Rich Alderson                       Current maintainer, MIT TECO EMACS (v. 170)
Vintage Computing Server Engineer
Vulcan, Inc.
505 5th Avenue S, Suite 900
Seattle, WA 98104