Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] dissect proprietary hdlc based protocol from SLL

From: "Weberhofer, Daniel" <Daniel.Weberhofer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 13:34:02 +0200

Hi all,

I need to dissect a proprietary hdlc based protocol. With tcpdump I get the packets as SLL (Linux cooked capture) cap file.

I’ve written a lua dissector based on http://thomasfischer.biz/?p=175 - but I can’t get a dissector table for SSL:

my_table = DissectorTable.get("sll")

“sll” is wrong: wireshark displays the error message “DissectorTable_get: No such dissector table”

Could you please help me how to get a dissector table that allows me to dissect my proprietary hdlc protocol?

Thanks for your answers!

Regards

Daniel