Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Extending wireshark with Python

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 12:57:33 -0700

On May 29, 2009, at 3:06 PM, Sébastien Tandel wrote:

These last weeks, I spent some time to integrate python into wireshark and made the first commit today in the wireshark trunk. This way, now, it is possible to write a dissector for wireshark in python. see http://wiki.wireshark.org/Python for documentation.

So is this

Wireshark with an embedded version of the Python interpreter, so that all the Wireshark GUI is available

or

a libwireshark module to be loaded into a stand-alone Python interpreter?

Is it possible to write a tap in Python?