Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark compatible with Purify?

From: yami <yamisoe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 09:43:59 +0800
I know that Purify can show the problematic source code too. Is it possible to show the corresponding code snippet reported by Purify ?

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 10:26 PM, Kovarththanan Rajaratnam <krj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I thought I'd give Wireshark a spin through Purify and the initial results seems rather fishy (see wireshark_view.txt). There are a vast number of errors/warnings, which leads me to believe I must be doing something wrong. I've noticed in the past that some people have been running Wireshark under valgrind, which surely must have caught these errors if they existed. So my question is whether anyone has ever tried running Wireshark under Purify?

Some info:

- Windows XP SP2
- SVN revision 28407
- MSVC 6.0
- PSDK Feb. 2003

I also had to patch config.nmake (see config.nmake.patch) to get Purify working.

--
Best Regards,
Kovarththanan Rajaratnam