Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 28415: /trunk//trunk/epan/dissectors

From: "Anders Broman" <a.broman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 06:50:25 +0200

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] För Jaap Keuter
Skickat: den 20 maj 2009 06:37
Till: Developer support list for Wireshark
Ämne: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 28415:
/trunk//trunk/epan/dissectors/:

Hi Anders,

> http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=28415
>
> User: etxrab
> Date: 2009/05/19 11:42 AM
>
> Log:
>  Get info about media type(Video or not) a first step towards usage in rtp
statistics.

> Directory: /trunk/epan/dissectors/
>   Changes    Path               Action
>   +1 -1      packet-ansi_a.c    Modified
>   +9 -7      packet-h245.c      Modified
>   +1 -1      packet-h245.h      Modified
>   +11 -3     packet-rtp.c       Modified
>   +11 -6     packet-rtp.h       Modified
>   +2 -1      packet-rtsp.c      Modified
>   +11 -2     packet-sdp.c       Modified
>   +3 -2      packet-skinny.c    Modified
>   +1 -1      packet-uma.c       Modified
>
> Directory: /trunk/asn1/h245/
>   Changes    Path                      Action
>   +3 -1      packet-h245-template.c    Modified
>

>Is this feature going to be completed before 1.2?
>If not I would press for reversal of this (s)rtp_add_address() API change
>until
>*after* the branch in order not the break it (without added benefit) for
>all the
>private dissectors now using this API.
>
>Thanx,
>Jaap

My idea was to get the API change in before the branch in order to be
Able to fix the longstanding problem with video and RTP analysis.
If not in time for the release, so at least with small bugfixes in the
maintenance releases. I'm not sure what you mean by "without added benefit"
If a private dissector uses video it will benefit from the change if not
It's a one liner.
Regards
Anders