Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] check_col() depcreated?

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 16:44:26 +0200
Hi,

Indeed this was done to find/eliminate some tricky crashes of Wireshark. Like with proto_add_*(), which has the requirement for tree! =NULL removed, the col_*() functions are now hardened against ! check_col(). Still it's not wrong to test for it, and most, if not all, still does. With the branch of 1.2 on the horizon I would suggest holding off this 'housekeeping' issue until we're working on 1.3.

Just my €0.02
Jaap

Sent from my iPhone