Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Add restrictions to arguments of dumpcap

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 22:38:51 -0600
On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 11:59:52PM -0400, Michael T?xen wrote:

> So we could do
> dumpcap -f sctp -n -i en0 -i en1
> (filter before interface) to mean setting for all interfaces
> and
> dumpcap -n -i en0 -f sctp -i en1
> (filter after interface) that sctp is used only for en0 and en1
> has no capture filter.

What about some way to connect the arguments?  Maybe something like
this:

  dumpcap -f en0:sctp -n -i en0 -i en1 -f en1:sctp

.. perhaps with a different flag than -f.  Would it help to have more
flexibility with command line arguments?  GLib's GOption may be able to
provide this:

http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/unstable/glib-Commandline-option-parser.html

Steve