Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] new plug-in dissector - no packets displayed when dissector

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 20:41:22 -0700

On Apr 17, 2009, at 12:20 AM, Stuart Marsden wrote:

my printfs appear on the console, for both frametypes but no packets are displayed

Presumably "no packets are displayed" means "none of the SSLBP stuff gets displayed for SSLBP packets", not that those packets don't appear at all, even with link-layer/IP/UDP headers and the UDP payload just displayed as data.

If so, what is the detailed code? That's the stuff that would put the SSLBP stuff into the protocol tree, so, if that's not showing up in the protocol tree, we can't help you without seeing what that code is doing.

Does the SSLPB information show up in the packet list (i.e, "sslbp" in the Protocol column and the relevant information in the Info column)?