Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] add new project

From: Abhik Sarkar <sarkar.abhik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 22:30:57 +0400
Hi,

It was I who had brought up this topic about a week back (http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/200903/msg00261.html) and in general it seems to me that it is a bad idea to use any Glib functionality which has introduced after Glib 2.4 (there was another mail earlier today about the same).

I am going to fall back to the old code which I had written (copied from the parser generator for Diameter dictionary). I don't think it is a very straight forward way of handling it, but it seems to be the "cleanest" option for now.

If more and more developers want to use XML configuration files, perhaps it might be good to introduce a dependency anyway... any small, cross-platform XML parsing library (even if it a subset of XML) with a compatible license should do.

Regards,
Abhik.