Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] reasebling packets - dissector question

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 01:12:01 -0800

On Feb 23, 2009, at 12:59 AM, יוני תובל wrote:

i tried to return the entire message length . still fails .
(it only succeeds when the tvb consists of the entire message )
What about he offest value we pass to the get_len method .

It's the offset into the tvbuff handed to the get_len routine of the first byte of the packet whose length should be returned.

Presumably the PDUs consist of a 2-byte length field (in network byte order?) followed by that number of bytes of data, and, in the get_len routine, you fetch the length value from the packet, add 2 to it, and return that value.