Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Clarification needed on the 3GPP specification implementatio

From: "Martin Mathieson" <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 14:25:02 +0000

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 11:38 AM, divya shree <bm.divya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Just want to know if 3GPP specification implementation for Iub
protocol is present in wireshark. To explain, I'm expecting if the
frame protocol on TCP/IP, UDP and SCTP on user plane.

Hi,

There is an FP dissector, that supports R99, R5, R6 and most of R7.  It needs extra context information in order to know how to decode a frame (see epan/dissectors/packet-umts_fp.h).

This information is not normally available in raww captures done in libpcap format, but is available and read from logs written out by Catapult DCT2000 test systems and Tektronix K12/15 analysers (at least some traces are decoded properly, I've seen ones that use a different format than the one that packet-k12.c implements).

Regards,
Martin

Please let me know if this is already implemented in wireshark.

Thanks and Regards,
Divyashree