Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Display filter

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:01:01 -0500

Spam4Me wrote:
Hello,

I'm thinking about new way of filtering displayed packets which would be something like conversation filter of 'follow TCP stream'
but not limited to any criteria
I would give parameter with it value and field name from the same fram e.g.:
#1: gsm_map.address.digits == "48123456789"
#2: tcap.tid

Wireshark would then search any packet which has gsm_map.address.digits == "48123456789" and take the value of tcap.tid from this packet an use it as a display filter. So if there will be three messages with gsm_map.address.digits == "48123456789" the packet list would display all packets where tcap.tid == #1 || tcap.tid == #2 || tcap.tid == #3

Right now i apply diplay filter: gsm_map.address.digits == "48123456789"
and then take any packet which I see in list, right click on tcap.tid and Prepare a filter -> (or) Selected
It would save me many clicks

MATE:

http://wiki.wireshark.org/Mate

would probably help you do a lot of that.