Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark licence terms and dissectors

From: "Rob Meades" <Rob.Meades@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 14:59:56 -0000
Apologies if this is already known, but I couldn't find the answer in
the FAQ.

We have created a dissector for Wireshark and would like to provide it
to our customers.  Is a dissector considered a part of Wireshark from
the point of view of the GPL license?  In other words, are we required
to give the source code for the dissector to our customers?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Rob
Qasara Limited
Harston Mill Campus, Harston