Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Build new filter type, and new layer

From: "Nuno Farruca" <nunofarruca@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 17:09:10 +0000
Hey all,

I'm new here, I'm working to improve wireshark filtering.
My problem is:

I want to put one personal value in capture filter, and when i submit that, it will be knowing to be ok, and start some application (or some code) that i wrote, and that application after doing some operations, pass the filtering _expression_ to the lipcap so he start capturing only the packets with some destination socket or address.

I don't know if I'm explaining right, but other way, i want to put one new layer between the filter choice and the pcap capture program.

My problem is that i don't know if i can do that, without change the core. And i can't find documentation to do or to inform about that.

If someone have some info, advice, or simply some commentary, I'll be very thankful...

(sorry some english mistake, but I'm portuguese...)

Nuno Farruca