Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] how to get Wireshark symbol file?

From: WangJing <wj.vivian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 11:59:54 +0800
I check the mailing list, and find there are some old mails discussing the same problem I encounter.

The wiki tips page has a couple of useful sections on debugging and setting up browse info for MSVC.http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/Tips
I've also done it by creating a dummy static library project and using Wireshark as the "program" under the debug settings (useful for putting a breakpoint in start-up code).

 Done all the wiki recommendations. I can now single/step debug main.c,

but as you can imagine, my interest lies deep in one of the dissectors - e.g. packet-h263.c etc. How to I get to the situation I can single step through those?

May be these mails can solve my problem.

But I don't know how to "creating a dummy static library project and using Wireshark as the "program" under the debug settings"....

Hope you could help me, thanks....