Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to make libpcap/wiretap understand proprietry/standard l

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:09:00 -0700

On Sep 18, 2008, at 7:49 AM, Peter Johansson wrote:

Wireshark uses libpcap for capture on *some* platforms, not all.

The only platform on which it doesn't use a library called "libpcap" is Windows - and what it uses there is WinPcap, which is a driver to connect to NDIS to do packet capture, a library built atop that driver, and a port of libpcap that uses that library, so libpcap is relevant even on Windows.