Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Compilation on Mac OS X Tiger

From: Yan Luo <yan_luo@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 18:10:47 -0400
Hi,

I tried to compile the latest source on Mac OS X 10.4.11. But got the following error message. Any hints? Thanks!

ld: multiple definitions of symbol ___moddi3
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.0/libgcc.a(_moddi3.o) private external definition of ___moddi3 in section (__TEXT,__text) /usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.0/libgcc_s.dylib(_moddi3_s.o) definition of ___moddi3
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _locale_charset
/opt/local/lib/libiconv.dylib(localcharset.o) definition of _locale_charset /opt/local/lib/libintl.dylib(localcharset.o) definition of _locale_charset
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[2]: *** [libwiretap.la] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

------------ message from ./configure ----------------
The Wireshark package has been configured with the following options.
Build wireshark : yes
Build tshark : yes
Build capinfos : yes
Build editcap : yes