Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] warnings as errors ([Wireshark-users] Build problems with Su
From: Guy Harris <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 13:50:59 -0800
Andrew Hood wrote:

Is it possible to *not* treat warnings from system header includes as
errors? Otherwise --disable-warnings-as-errors will have to stay in my
config script.
I don't know any way to tell GCC to treat warnings from some include
files differently from warnings from other include files or the main
source file.
(What warnings are your system headers producing?  On Solaris, for
example, we do -DFUNCPROTO=15 to cause the X11 headers to have prototype
declarations, and we also do -Wno-return-type for some reason.  It might
be possible to get rid of the warnings with your headers.)