Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] warnings as errors ([Wireshark-users] Build problems with Su

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 16:59:51 -0500

Guy Harris wrote:
Andrew Hood wrote:

Is it possible to *not* treat warnings from system header includes as
errors? Otherwise --disable-warnings-as-errors will have to stay in my
config script.

I don't know any way to tell GCC to treat warnings from some include files differently from warnings from other include files or the main source file.

(What warnings are your system headers producing? On Solaris, for example, we do -DFUNCPROTO=15 to cause the X11 headers to have prototype declarations, and we also do -Wno-return-type for some reason. It might be possible to get rid of the warnings with your headers.)

One thing I've been meaning to do is to automatically turn off warnings-as-errors if we're using glib- or gtk-1 (since we know those generate some warnings). I just haven't gotten around to it.