Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Regarding fix for bug #1140 in revision 20394

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig.bjorlykke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 00:48:46 +0100
Hi.

The fix in r20394 for bug 1140 breaks the functionality for selecting the previous selected row when the list is not sorted by package number (or time). Try sorting on the Info column, select a package and toggle coloring. Watch which package is selected.

This happens because in rescan_packets() because we first reload all packages in order and find the selected package row number. We then re-sort the list using the previously selected order, and now the row number we found does not match the correct package in the re-sorted list.

Another issue is that we do packet_list_freeze and package_list_thaw in packet_list_set_sort_column() while we already are in a list_freeze. Doesn't this thaw the list a bit to early?

Anyone spot an easy fix for this?

One annoying behavior is when selecting a package and changing the sort order the selected package may not be in the current view. Is this a bug or a feature?

And when capturing, the new packages are always appended to the list, and not put in correct sorting order. This is done correctly in conversations and endpoints.

--
Stig Bjørlykke