Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] pcap-ng support: warning message w

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 15:13:19 +0100
Bill Meier schrieb:
FWIW:
I note that when Wireshare opens a VMS sample capture file from
http://wiki.wireshark.org/SampleCaptures, the following warning messages
appear on the console:

15:50:27          Warn pcapng_read_block: Unknown block_type: 0xa200a20 (block
gnored)
15:50:27          Warn pcapng_read_block: couldn't read second block length
15:50:27          Warn pcapng_open_new: couldn't read first SHB

Is this just debug output which eventually goes away ?
Yes, these were debug messages - I've just checked in a fix, shouldn't appear now.

So, if anyone is going to debug pcapng, it's a good idea to switch on debug messages first ...
This doesn't happen for all types of capture files presumably because of the
order in which the various capture file types are tried ....
Exact.

Regards, ULFL