Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Request for review: bug #2048

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 11:17:40 +0100
Hi Alexey,

Indeed you've made an enhancement to the IPMI dissector. But also to the type system, creating BASE_CUSTOM. All in all it's an invasive patch which has to be considered carefully before inclusion. There's some more interesting stuff waiting in the patch queue, so they won't get lost; they will be addressed when someone can spend the necessary spare time on it.

Thanks for your patience,
Jaap

Alexey Neyman wrote:
Hi all,

Some time ago, I submitted enhancements to IPMI dissector (bug #2048). I updated the patch to apply against more recent revision (24072). Could it be reviewed/integrated?

Also, I noted that there are some enhancements suggested in context of the bug #1970. Currently, the changes suggested in patch mostly duplicate the code contained in epan/dissectors/packet-ipmi.c, the only difference being that the IPMB messages (which that plugin dissects) do not have IPMI session wrapper. This patch splits IPMI session header parsing from parsing the IPMI messages themselves. This way, the plugin in bug #1970 could reuse the "generic" dissector for IPMI.

Best regards,
Alexey.