Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Build error: NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'sed'
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:11:46 -0600
To begin with,

From the output listed it looks like your using a flavor of Visual Studio 2005 (VS 8.0).  It is still recommended to use VS 6.
I have not tried using VS 2005 to build Wireshark.  I know that some developers on the "Wireshark-dev" list have successfully built Wireshark with VS 2005.  I don't remember if there are any special settings for the VS 2005 build.

I've kept my VS 6 installed just for Wireshark!!

Sorry I can't provide any insight.  Your problem does sound familiar. I know that it's been discussed previously.

Tim