Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] PortableApps Wireshark feedback

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 20:17:26 +0100
Graeme Lunt schrieb:
An hour - wow. Maybe I should add something to the installation wizard
to indicate that it could take quite a while! PortableApps recommend
compressing exes/dlls  with UPX (http://upx.sourceforge.net/) - but I
haven't looked at how much of a difference this makes yet.
Some time ago, I have played a bit around compressing the Wireshark exe and dll files, and came to significant compression rates. Can't actually remember, but it was really worth the extra effort.

Regards, ULFL