Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] smi_modules

From: Thomas Anders <thomas.anders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:43:58 +0200
Luis EG Ontanon wrote:
> If you add the .../pibs directory to the path
> (Preferences->MIBS->Path) do they get loaded (you can check in the
> Expression dialog under the MIBS tab if the fileds were registered)

These PIBs are in Wireshark's default set of MIBs/PIBs to be loaded
(smi_modules), but not in libsmi's default search path
(/usr/share/mibs/ietf:/usr/share/mibs/iana:/usr/share/mibs/irtf:/usr/share/mibs/site:/usr/share/mibs/tubs:/usr/share/pibs/ietf:/usr/share/pibs/site:/usr/share/pibs/tubs
according to smiGetPath() on SuSE 10.2) which doesn't look like a good idea.

Adding "wireshark: path :/usr/share/pibs" to ~/.smirc and modifying
epan/oids.c to call smiInit("wireshark") rather than smiInit(NULL) (see
the smi_config(3) manual page) fixes things for me ("tshark -v" now runs
without warnings). YMMV.

+Thomas