Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Patches to update PANA Protocol dissector

From: Victor Fajardo <vfajardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 17:31:20 -0400
Hi Jaap,
1. We've recently changed the patch submission policy to go through bugzilla. This in order to have patches like this not overlooked.

Ok. I'll go through that process in the next rev.

2. I can't comment on the merits of the patch in relation to the draft referenced, but I've spotted this code error:
         /* Reserved field */
proto_tree_add_item(pana_tree, hf_pana_reserved_type, tvb, offset, 1, FALSE);
-       offset += 1;
+       offset += 2;

This should be:
         /* Reserved field */
- proto_tree_add_item(pana_tree, hf_pana_reserved_type, tvb, offset, 1, FALSE);
-       offset += 1;
+ proto_tree_add_item(pana_tree, hf_pana_reserved_type, tvb, offset, 2, FALSE);
+       offset += 2;

Thanks for catching this. Your suggestion is appropriate. Do you want me to re-post this corrected patch in bugzilla or will you be commiting the patch for now ?

regards,
victor

Thanx,
Jaap

Victor Fajardo wrote:
To wireshark-maintainers,

Attached is a patch file for the PANA protocol dissector. The changes updates the packet-pana.c dissector to support draft-ietf-pana-pana-18.txt.

regards,
victor