Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Patch process changes

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 22:40:26 +0200
On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 03:34:43PM -0700, Gerald Combs wrote:
> We've had a problem with patches sent to wireshark-dev being missed and
> ignored for a while now. In order to try to keep this from happening, we
> now have new patch submission guidelines: instead of sending them to the
> list, they should be sent to Bugzilla and marked for review.

I think this new process is great. With the patches filed on bugzilla
you know for sure your patch will not be lost if overlooked. This is
a great step forward imho.

However, it seems like patches are now not picked up at all anymore. I
did not count, but I think I have not seen (m)any commits based on the
patches filed through bugzilla. I guess this is due to the fact that
old habits  of the "committers" take some time to be changed into new
habits and maybe also because of the summertime.

That said, I hope that everyone will get used soon to this great new way
of submitting patches...

Cheers,

Sake