Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] cannot compile wireshark

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:30:39 +0100
Tyler De Haven Brown wrote:
> I have ran through the step-by-step guide for installing wireshark on a win32 machine (windows server 2003).  I am using the VC++ express edition 2005 that can be downloaded for free.  I followed all of the steps (setup and distclean included) and everything runs smoothly until I get to the following command:
> nmake -f Makefile.nmake all
>
> A message box pops up and says that tshark.exe is not a valid win32 application.

There was a previous thread
(http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/200703/msg00975.html) where
someone else had the same problem.

Unfortunately there was no definitive resolution to the problem, the last mail
in the thread was here:
http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/200704/msg00013.html

I think the originator of that thread was not using the vsvars.bat (normally
found in "C:\program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools\") to set
the build environment.

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice