Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] cannot compile wireshark

From: Tyler De Haven Brown <Tyler.Brown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 23:52:50 -0600 (MDT)
I have ran through the step-by-step guide for installing wireshark on a win32 machine (windows server 2003).  I am using the VC++ express edition 2005 that can be downloaded for free.  I followed all of the steps (setup and distclean included) and everything runs smoothly until I get to the following command:
nmake -f Makefile.nmake all

A message box pops up and says that tshark.exe is not a valid win32 application.

When I close the message box the command prompt displays the following:

wireshark-gtk2\tshark.exe -G | perl doc\dfilter2pod.pl doc\wireshark-filter.pod.template > doc\wireshark-filter.pod
Access is denied.

I need to start work on a protocol dissector so any help would be greatly appreciated.  Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,
Tyler