Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] patch for new encapsulation protocol FCoE - Fibre Channel over E

From: Joe Eykholt <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 19:02:27 -0700
Hello,

Attached is a patch file and a new dissector for FCoE.   This protocol
is described at http://fcoe.com and has been submitted to T11. It is an
encapsulation protocol that can be used to transport FC frames over raw
Ethernet when the link is loss-free due to pause. The Ethertype 0x8906 has been reserved through IEEE for this protocol.

I based this dissector on the one for FCIP.  I will send a sample
capture file in a day or two if that will help.

Feel free to follow up with questions and let me know how I can help get
this integrated.

    Thanks,
    Joe Eykholt,

    Nuova Systems, Inc.