Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Update official Windows build?

From: Gerhard Gappmeier <gerhard.gappmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 10:34:53 +0200
Hello Gerald,

is there a reason to switch?
If you mean just the installer then I think it's ok.

But developing is much better with VC6, because it's much faster and
more stable.
As long as you don't need .Net there is nor real reason to switch in my
opinion.
The .Net Studio is just annoying.

Also for installers there are better solutions than MSI Installer:
NSIS: http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page
Bitrock installer:
http://bitrock.com/products_installbuilder_overview.html (Platform
independent installer)