Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] private development and syncing process ...

From: "Ravi Kondamuru" <ravikondamuru@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 10:07:03 -0800
Hi,

I am looking for a model on how wireshark dissector/wiretap addons are developed exclusively for use within a company. I understand GPL allows that. I just want to know how it is developed, synced with wireshark open source base etc?

Currently this is what I intend to do:
1. Get source of a released version of wireshark
2. Apply my patch and provide that installer internally.
3. Do (1) and (2) everytime a release happens to stay current.

Any other ideas?

thanks,
Ravi.