Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Bug with RTP dissection - latest SVN

From: "Mark Lewis" <mlewis@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 13:38:56 -0000
Hi Richard,

If I revert packet-rtp.c and packet-rtp.h to SVN 20822 and 18196
respectively (i.e. before your updates) then the test cases I am working
on return to normal.

However, the example capture I sent in my previous post is still not the
same as in 0.99.4. I picked this capture at random as the test cases I
am working on are broken for other reasons.

It is possible that I misunderstand what the example I sent is supposed
to show, or there is another problem in addition to anything added by
the latest changes to packet-rtp.c and packet-rtp.h.

Just in case it is useful, I have attached my test case. If decoded as
RTP, each packet should contain seven MPEG2 Transport
Stream packets, marked "ISO/IEC 13818-1". Each packet should be 188
bytes long and start with 0x47. The even numbered packets in the
attached capture correctly show this (the odd ones contain a bug that I
am working on). With your changes included none of the packets behave
correctly.

Best Regards,

Mark