Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Using wireshark protocol parsers to build packets

From: "[Chris] NULL" <chrismc912@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 20:40:35 +0000
Hi Wireshark Devs,

as I am new to Wireshark development, my question might be stupid, if this is the case, I am sorry.

My question is, is it possible to use the Wireshark disectors to "build" a trace. What I mean with this is, is it e.q. possible to change values in the Wireshark GUI and then have Wireshark build the binary trace together? I know that in the current version this is not possible, but my question is in general. Is it possible to extend the Wireshark disectors to be able to "build" a trace?

Thanks a lot,
Chris

Wenn Ihnen E-Mail nicht schnell genug ist: MSN Messenger! - http://www.imagine-msn.com/messenger/default2.aspx?locale=de Kostenlos downloaden!