Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Win32 buildbot should switch over to use Makefile.nmake

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 07:34:43 +0100
Hi!

The Win32 buildbot currently fails to generate the docbook docs. This is due to problems with generating the svn_version.xml, and that is due to the known bash CR/NL problems.

Instead of trying to fix this, the buildbot should use the new Makefile.nmake (I've recently checked it in) which should run.

This way we have separate Makefiles for Win32 and UNIX with all it's pros and cons.

BTW: The developers guide on the webserver shows a recent SVN version, but the content is rather old (none of the MSVC updates). I guess this is because the (pre-)release generation put an older version on the server and while we have build problems with the buildbot the guide content on the server keeps this way. Should be fixed once the buildbot is "up and running" again.

Regards, ULFL