Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-users] [ANNOUNCE] WinPcap 4.0 hasbeen released

From: "Gianluca Varenni" <gianluca.varenni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 21:08:02 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Meier" <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 5:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-users] [ANNOUNCE] WinPcap 4.0 hasbeen released

Whoah there!  :)   I just copied WinPcap 4.0 into the 0.99.5 trunk, and
plan on releasing 0.99.5pre2 later today.  I'll send a message when it's
ready.

I'm hoping to have 0.99.5 final out on Thursday or Friday.

This may be premature (or not relevant), but just in case:

Is there a new Wpdpack which should be used when using WinPcap  ??

Bill,

there's obviously a new wpdpack on the winpcap web site. But it's absolutely ok to use the developer's pack for winpcap 3.1 for the time being (especially considering that the final version is scheduled within some days).

Just my two cents

Gianluca Varenni
WinPcap Team

<config.nmake>
# The WinPcap developer's pack version Wireshark is build with.
#
# If you don't have the WPdpack, comment this line out, so that
# WINPCAP_VERSION isn't defined.
#
#WINPCAP_VERSION=3.0
WINPCAP_VERSION=3.1