Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Patch for Bug771, link layer header type selection

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 13:01:26 -0500

Unfortunately this patch breaks GTK 1.2 builds:

gcc "-D_U_=__attribute__((unused))" -Wall -Wpointer-arith -W -g -O2 -Wno-return-type -DFUNCPROTO=15 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/local/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/local/lib/glib/include -I/usr/openwin/include -o .libs/wireshark capture-pcap-util-unix.o capture_errs.o capture-pcap-util.o capture_stop_conditions.o capture_ui_utils.o cfile.o clopts_common.o conditions.o disabled_protos.o packet-range.o print.o ps.o pcapio.o ringbuffer.o timestats.o util.o version_info.o airpcap_loader.o alert_box.o capture.o capture_info.o capture_opts.o capture_sync.o color_filters.o file.o fileset.o filters.o g711.o merge.o proto_hier_stats.o sync_pipe_write.o summary.o tempfile.o .libs/wiresharkS.o  -L/usr/local/lib gtk/libui.a codecs/libcodec.a wiretap/.libs/libwiretap.so -L/usr/lib -L/usr/openwin/lib epan/.libs/libwireshark.so -lnsl -lpcap /usr/local/lib/libgtk.so -lnsl /usr/local/lib/libgdk.so -lnsl /usr/local/lib/libgmodule.so /usr/local/lib/libglib.so -ldl -lXe
xt -lX11 -lsocket -lnsl -lm /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so -lnsl -lz -R/usr/local/lib -R/usr/openwin/lib -R/usr/lib/sparcv9/omni:/usr/lib/omni:/usr/local/lib -R/usr/lib
gtk_option_menu_get_history         gtk/libui.a(capture_dlg.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .libs/wireshark
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [wireshark] Error 1

I don't know anything about GTK to know if there's an alternative function available.

Jaap Keuter wrote:
Hi,

Checked in.

Thanx,